This is a top of the Google products that improved the most in 2008.
10. Blogger has improved a lot this year by adding useful features like importing/exporting a blog, inline comments, blog rolls and scheduled posts.
9. Picasa Web Albums added a feature that makes it easy to organize your photos: people tagging. The system uses face detection to find all the people from your photos and then it clusters the faces. There’s a new option to make the albums private, you can send photos to an albums by email and the “explore” page highlights beautiful images.
8. Google Translate added support for 10 new languages and there’s a new API that enabled the integration with many services: Twitter Search, Google Reader, YouTube etc.
7. Google Docs added a PDF reader, forms, templates, spreadsheet gadgets, an offline version and a more consistent interface.
6. YouTube started to test higher-quality versions for videos and, at the end of the year, it went widescreen. You can add captions and annotations, there’s a video analytics feature and a new personalized homepage. YouTube offers more ways to promote and monetize videos, but it’s still far from reaching its potential.